EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a type of synthetic rubber that is manufactured for all types of sealing products, including door seals and garden and household appliance hoses. In sheet format, EPDM’s unique properties make it the perfect material for all flat roofing applications:
- EPDM repels all weather conditions.
- EPDM has been proven to last in excess of 50 years.
- EPDM is easy and quick to fit.
- It’s flexible and bends easily with no stress, which means a perfect fit.
- It stretches, with up to 300% elongation, so allows for typical building movement.
- Its performance isn’t affected by extremes of temperature, and is proven to be stable between -30°C and +120°C.
- EPDM roofing membranes are installed using a cold applied system – no naked flames required, making it a far less risky process.
- EPDM doesn’t tear, split or crack with age.
Compare EPDM Rubber Roofing Systems.