- Tools & Equipment
- Roof Surface Preparation
The DuoPly fully-adhered system will adhere to wood, wood fibreboard and lightweight concrete. This product may NOT be applied to polystyrene insulation. The DuoPly Water Based Acrylic Adhesive is intended for bonding to timber surfaces only. Other surfaces must be bonded with DuoPly Bonding Adhesive. Roofs over 100m² must also be installed with Bonding Adhesive.
Be sure the roof surface is clean, free of dust, dirt, rust, oil, grease, and loose material. The roof surface must be dry.
This product will not adhere to wet or damp surfaces. Trapped moisture may vaporize and negatively affect the performance of this product.
Good roofing practice dictates that ponding water be prevented. The flat roof surface should have a positive slope of at least 1 in 80 to prevent ponding water conditions. Before starting please consult the “Precautions” section at the beginning of this manual.
Be careful when using superglue not to overspill as it cannot be cleaned from the Sure Edge or EPDM Rubber Roofing products.
Only apply glue to one side of the Sure Edge joining trims to prevent expansion and contraction from fracturing the Sure Edge product.
When hammering in polytop pins to secure the Sure Edge flat roof trims, use a direct hammering action to prevent slippage from the pin head resulting in denting to the Sure Edge flat roof trims.
Extreme care must be exercised when working on ladders, roofs, or at elevations above ground. If used as an emergency repair to a roofing system, contact the roofing system manufacturer for compatibility and to ensure compliance with terms and limitations of the warranty.
Surface can be slippery when wet, damp, or frost covered.
Do not expose product to temperatures in excess of 82° C (180°F).
This product is not intended for use where roof top traffic or activity is anticipated without a protective layer installed on its surface.
The Sure Edge System comes with a built in batten removing the need for a standard timber batten. If a timber batten is already in place simply use the standard back plate.
The fastest trim to install
- Ensure Gutter Trim is completed before Check Kerb Trim.
- Leave an expansion gap of 2.5mm between all lengths of trim
- Fix the Built in Batten to the fascia using ring shank stainless steel nails
- If a standard wooden batten is already in place simply use the standard backplate included
- Dress membrane down over the Built in Batten with a 75mm overhang
- Secure the Trim with 65mm Polytops
- Note: In areas of high wind, exposed areas and high buildings additional fixings between predrilled holes is recommended
Check Kerb Trim
- Install the membrane with a 75mm overhang on all sides
- Hold the Trim in position and apply downward pressure to ensure a watertight seal
- Secure the Trim with 50mm Polytops through the pre-drilled fixing holes
- Note: If a secure fixing cannot be achieved a timber fixer should be fitted to the vertical edge of the roof
- In areas of high wind, exposed areas and high buildings additional fixings between predrilled holes is recommended
- For all corner components simply apply super-glue to ONE edge and hold in place until set
- Do not apply glue to both edges as the Trim needs to be able to expand and contract
Check Kerb Trim to Gutter Trim Stop Ends
- The Check Kerb External Corner/Stop End have pop-out blanking plates indicated in black in the above diagram
- To use as an external Check Kerb Trim corner remove both blanking plates
- To use as a left hand or right hand Check Kerb Trim to Gutter Kerb Trim corner remove the corresponding blanking plate
- The trim comes with joining clips that simply hook beneath the extrusion and clip over the top by applying positive pressure