Trade and DIY supplier
Of ClassicBond and DuoPly EPDM Rubber Roofing Systems
SECURE PAYMENT GUARANTEE
Shop with us and your details will be 100% secure
NEXT DAY DELIVERY
On orders placed before 2pm
Help and advice from experienced flat roofers
The Sure Edge, Check Kerb Edge increases the installation ease, speed and improves the appearance of your roof edge.
This trim features a compression seal along the underside to create a water tight seal to the roofing membrane. This trim eliminates the need of creating a timber upstand as a water check at the roof perimeter.
Manufactured from co-extruded u-PVC creating a solid foam construction with hard wearing,durable properties. This is the same technology as used in u-PVC fascia manufacture.
For creating a water check to flat & low sloping roofs with EPDM membrane.
Features and Benefits
• Creates a 20mm upstand at the roof edge
• Smooth, hi-gloss finish – easy to keep clean & great looking
• 10mm x 15mm sealing compression foam, factory fitted to the underside of the trim to create a water tight seal to the membrane, over seams and detailing joins.
• Pre drilled fixing holes, for accurate & fast installation
• Complete range of colour matched joints and corner accessories
**Please note that 1.25m lengths are 2.5m lengths sawn in half**
1. Before installation of the membrane ensure a solid fixing can be achieved at the perimeter of the roof. A timber fixer can be installed if required.
2. Install the membrane to the roof surface as per manufacturers’ specifications.
3. Ensure the membrane extends down the vertical edge of the roof by a minimum of 50mm
4. Position the edge trim onto the roof surface so the sealant foam is compressed by 30% and the face of the trim is in a vertical position.
5. Using the 50mm PolyTop nails fix the edge trim into position. A fixing must be in each predrilled hole to achieve correct installation.
6. Position the next length of front plate leaving a 1mm expansion gap for each metre of trim used. Ensure that each trim has foam seal extending up the end to create a seal between trim lengths.
7. Fit the cover clips at each joint between lengths of trim
8. Install corners or stop ends where needed.