The ClassicBond® Water Based Deck Adhesive is a high strength, low odour adhesive used for bonding a one piece membrane sheet to a timber deck. Designed to be applied using a roller on flat roof surfaces.
Apply the Water Based Deck Adhesive to the membrane and leave a gap of 200mm on all edges. The ClassicBond® Bonding Adhesive should be used on edges.
- 2.5 Litres (covers approx 7 to 10sqm)
- 5 Litres (covers approx 15 to 20sqm)
- 7.5 Litres (covers approx 25 to 30sqm)
- 10 Litres (covers approx 35 to 40sqm)
- 12.5 Litres (covers approx 40 to 50sqm)
- 15 Litres (covers approx 50 to 60sqm)
- 20 Litres (covers approx 60 to 80sqm)
Before applying the ClassicBond® Water Based Deck Adhesive, all boards must be resistant to moisture and shouldn't be sealed with adhesive repellent or any other non-absorbent substance.
Please remember: don't allow the adhesive to freeze.
- Roofing surfaces should be clean and free from dust, grease and loose materials.
- The surface of timber and composite boards must be sound and not degraded.
- An effective vapour or damp membrane should be added to the roof structure when insulation is fitted.
- Roof venting that is effective should be installed so moisture can escape.
- Applied using a medium pile roller to achieve to an approximate coverage rate of 3-4m² / litre. A larger quantity of adhesive is necessary for open texture and rough surfaces.
- The adhesive has a long effective open time, ranging from approx. 1 to 4 hours after application assuming average UK weather conditions. The roof sheet should be laid into the adhesive during this period and pressed firmly into the adhesive with a broom or roller.
- The effective open time range will be reduced by higher temperatures in the summer months. Care should be taken to ensure the membrane is laid into the adhesive before membrane grabs.
- Regular checks should be made to ensure the adhesive completely transfers to the reverse of the sheet and is bedded in place after consolidating. The roof sheet should be pressed into the wet adhesive to ensure full adhesion, smooth membrane and remove any trapped air.
We have a wide of installation videos available in our training centre. You can find out how to apply the EPDM Membrane, Adhesives, Flashings & Seam Tapes and even a drain outlet if needed.