Trade and DIY supplier
Of ClassicBond and DuoPly EPDM Rubber Roofing Systems
SECURE PAYMENT GUARANTEE
Shop with us and your details will be 100% secure
NEXT DAY DELIVERY
On orders placed before 3pm
Help and advice from experienced flat roofers
Classicbond EPDM Primer is a solvent based product designed for one step cleaning and priming of EPDM and other suitable surfaces prior to application of pressure sensitive accessories such as 9 inch Mouldable Flashing Tape, 6 inch Cover Tape, Pipe Seals and Walkway Pads.
0.25L (covers 8.25 l/m @ 100mm Both Sides
0.5L (covers 16.5 l/m @100mm Both Sides
1L (covers 33l/m @ 100mm Both Sides
1. Surfaces should be clean, dry, frost free and free from dust, grease, loose material and other contaminants.
2. For timber and composite boards the surface must be sound and not be degraded.
3. Stir adhesive before vigorously before use.
4. Prolonged job site storage at temperatures in excess of 30°C may affect product shelf life.
1. Remove dirt and excess dust from the splice area by wiping with a clean rag. If necessary, clean the splice area thoroughly with Weathered Membrane Cleaner. This process is essential on membrane that has been exposed for a number of weeks.
2. Thoroughly stir primer until all settled materials are blended into the solution.
3. Application of EPDM Primer: Roller-apply the primer to the membrane with a short nap-length paint roller. The coated area will be free of globs or puddles. Note: The use of excessive amounts of EPDM Primer will not significantly enhance the adhesion of the pressure-sensitive product to the EPDM membrane. Use only the amount necessary to obtain 100% coverage of the area where the tape or adhesive will be applied.
4. Allow the EPDM Primer to dry until it does not transfer to a dry finger touch. Installation of the pressure-sensitive product as soon as the primer flashes off minimizes potential dust contamination and promotes adhesion in colder weather.