Trade and DIY supplier
Of ClassicBond and DuoPly EPDM Rubber Roofing Systems
SECURE PAYMENT GUARANTEE
Shop with us and your details will be 100% secure
NEXT DAY DELIVERY
On orders placed before 3pm
Help and advice from experienced flat roofers
Contact Bonding Adhesive is a high quality, high tack, one part neoprene bonding adhesive formulated for brush or roller application.
Primarily used for bonding of the Classicbond EPDM rubber roofing membrane at angle changes and verticals to absorbent and non-absorbent surfaces, but can also be used for bonding the Classicbond EPDM rubber roof membrane to the deck surface of non-absorbent surfaces.
Size: 1.0 Litres (Coverage 1 to 2 sqm)
Size: 2.5 Litres (Coverage 4 to 5 sqm)
Size: 5.0 Litres (Coverage 7 to 10 sqm)
Size: 10 Litres (Coverage 15 to 20 sqm)
1. Surfaces should be clean, dry, frost free and free from dust, grease, loose material and other contaminants.
2. For timber and composite boards the surface must be sound and not be degraded.
3. An effective vapour or damp membrane should be incorporated in the roof structure especially where the roof is insulated. Effective roof venting should be provided to ensure that condensation and trapped moisture are allowed to escape.
1. Applied using a medium pile roller to achieve to an approximate coverage rate of 1 to 2m² / litre. A larger quantity of adhesive is necessary for open texture and rough surfaces.
2. The adhesive has a long effective open time, ranging from approx. 5 to 15 minutes after application assuming average UK weather conditions. The roof sheet should be laid into the adhesive during this period and pressed firmly into the adhesive with a broom or roller
3. The effective open time range will be reduced by higher temperatures in the summer months. Care should be taken to ensure the membrane is laid into the adhesive before membrane grabs.
4. Regular checks should be made to ensure the adhesive completely transfers to the reverse of the sheet and is bedded in place after consolidating. The roof sheet should be pressed into the wet adhesive to ensure full adhesion, smooth membrane and remove any trapped air.
5. Prolonged job site storage at temperatures in excess of 30°C may affect product shelf life.
6. Ensure recently laid roof area is adequately protected against the elements. Protect adhesives from frost.
7. This should not be used below 4°C or if the temperature will drop below that during curing period.
What is contact bonding adhesive?
ClassicBond Contact Bonding Adhesive is a high quality, high tack, one part neoprene bonding adhesive formulated for brush or roller application. Primarily used for bonding of ClassicBond EPDM membrane at angle changes and verticles but can also be used for bonding ClassicBond membrane to the deck surface of non absorbant surfaces.
How do I apply contact bonding adhesive?
Contact Bonding adhesive can be applied using a small 4" Roofing Rollerbrush
How do I use Contact Bonding Adhesive?
Contact Bonding Adhesive is needed on both the substrate the and the underside of the membrane. Both of the surfaces of the substrate and the deck need to have been allowed to tack off before mating together.